Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Podcasting....

Podcasting potentially could be a very exciting teaching tool. I loved exploring the various sources that were provided with session five of this class. Some of my favorite sites were: Education Podcast Network and Podcasts for Teachers. So many wonderful ideas!!!! My only concern with the use of podcast is with my school district and our very strict internet policies. I worry because most of my students only have internet access at school and if they are not able to get to the sites, then this tool will not benefical to all of my students. I will however, continue to explore the possibility of using this great teaching tool in my classroom.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

As Susan W has told us before--download and put onto a disc and then play the video or audio from school. That way you'll be able to preview it thoroughly, make up a study guide to go with it or determine what you want to show and what you want to cut out.

Your "Esha" the Teacher said...

Great Idea! The trick is to know the difference between linking and downloading. I messed up on that before. Thanks to my knowledge of RSS feeds I was able to "Furl.net" some of the podcast sites I found were the most promising and I will try to pull them up at school on a later date.