Friday, October 5, 2007

What I have learned so far....

In learning to navigate this vast new world of web 2.0 and becoming aware of the technology that is available (RSS, blogs, site feeds, aggregators, etc) to use in the everyday classroom, I have discovered many things. 1. Technology is not soo scary. 2. There are ways that I can incorporate the read write web into my classroom. 3. I can share what I have learned with colleagues that are interested in experimenting with new ideas in their classrooms. 4. There are many RSS that I can use to become a better teacher.

6 comments:

Cathy Gilreath said...

Even though I am facilitating this online course, I am a newcomer myself with blogging- Looks good!
You have learned some valuable lessons- hopefully everyone's fears concerning this course will lessen- Everyone is learning together-

Cathy Gilreath said...

Even though I am facilitating this online course, I am a newcomer myself with blogging- Looks good!
You have learned some valuable lessons- hopefully everyone's fears concerning this course will lessen- Everyone is learning together-

Joseph Pisano said...

Mrs. Mc's

Welcome to the blogosphere! I hope you will continue to contribue to our "global conversation" about music and education!

J. Pisano -mustech.net

Mr. Jay said...

great blog - I'll keep checking back

Shelly said...

I don't know what you were worried about. You've got this blogging down pat--now all you have to do is continue to work it. Start putting that musical ability to work and give us some musical thoughts as well as just blogging on our workshop. I'd love to see what your band is doing--maybe you can video your halftime show and "podcast" it here--or at least attach the video so we can all see the show!

Vicky said...

Your blog looks great. I agree with you - technology is not so scary if you just jump in. I am learning a LOT that I can share with teachers. I know their problem will be finding time to incorporate new technology, not a lack of interest. I plan to set aside some time each afternoon to check out new online videos and clips to share with students in my library classes.